Data Lansarii: 06-Jun-2008
Origin is the new adventure game from Frogwares studio, the team that
developed the famous Sherlock Holmes series for PC. Having successfully
tackled the myth of Cthulhu in Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened,
Frogwares is once again venturing into a disturbing and fantastic
universe, the world of the Prince of Darkness, in an adventure which
combines romanticism, mystery and horror.
Young, charming and devout, but emotionally broken since the suicide of
his wife, Count Dracula has been transformed into a monster, with an
insatiable thirst for blood and vengeance, cursed to eternal damnation.
In the game, you play the role of Professor Van Helsing, the celebrated
vampire hunter, on the hunt for Dracula, while Dracula himself is on a
quest for a mysterious manuscript which will give him the power to
raise the dead.
Your goal is to prevent Dracula from finding and using this manuscript,
and also to kill him, in order to liberate the souls of all those who
have had the misfortune to cross his path.
Using conventional Point & Click gameplay, Dracula: Origin is a
superb adventure supported by impeccable graphics and a rich storyline,
which takes you to London, Egypt, Austria, and of course, to
Transylvania, in the famous home of the great vampire. With a subtle
combination of 2D environments and animated 3D characters, the game
faithfully reproduces the world imagined by the celebrated author Bram
Stoker, with all its associated motifs (horror, love, blood,
crucifixes, stakes, garlic, etc.), in a disturbing, finely-realized and
absorbing Gothic atmosphere.
- An unrelenting pursuit of one of the most terrifying figures from fantasy literature.
- Confrontation between two antithetical heroes: Van Helsing, the
restrained scientist and spiritual hero, and the young and
high-spirited Dracula, whose inhumanity matches his malevolence.
- Superb graphics, combining 2D environments and 3D characters.
- A deep storyline, focusing on Van Helsing's quest to kills the
king of all vampires, and Dracula's quest to find the manuscript to
raise the dead.
- Interaction with over 40 characters. Use and combination of over
150 objects associated with the vampire-themed storyline (stake,
statue, garlic, mirror, etc.).
- A romantic, bloody and violent Gothic ambiance which is true to
the original world created by Bram Stoker, providing total immersion
into the adventure.
- A progressive Help System to lead players to the solution with more and more accurate hints.